Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Feeling myself going down....

This round of chemo I actually felt myself 'go down'. It is bizarre to feel the white blood cells in the body bottem out.

I felt myself moment to moment get more tired. I cancelled my afternoon and by noon my eyes were shutting themselves and I was in bed.

The think yellow coat on my tongue was nasty to look at and taste. And I felt my body start to use up the fluid reserves that it had.

So, I drank lots of coconut water to make sure I was staying well hydrated and got some deep shut eye (with out the need of ambien, thank you very much!)

By about 4pm I could feel that I was on the other side of the curve. And at 5pm I checked in with my body and slowly got out of bed. I knew I would be fine teaching class, as long as I did not do a ton of moving around.

This round I was on Levaquin (and antibiotic). I am so grateful for it! It has given me a sense of security as it offers support for my body as the white blood cells bottom out.

I'm really proud of myself for how well I am learning to hear my body. 2 points for E. Bachner!

No comments: