Wednesday, September 24, 2008

More proof I am on the right track...

It took a LONG while, but we finally I have the definative results for the cancer. I do not have lobular cancer, I have ductal cancer with lobular tendencies. (YEAH! - this means a better prognosis!) Ductal is more 'garden varitity' cancer. It is not all over the place like lobular.

That is the good news.

The strange news is that I am triple positive: HER-2 positive, Estrogen sensitive and Progesterone sensitive. What does that mean exactly? Well, the good news is the HER-2 has its own drug that I take after the chemo that takes care of that protein. And on that drug I can NOT get pregnant. And then I will take more drugs after that to deal with the ER/PR positive. The bad news, it is more aggressive. The slide confirms what I knew to be true in my body... having the chemo in my body ASAP was not just an emotional urgency, but also a physiological one. The aggressive immediate chemo was 100% right on. The cancer was moving fast.

And even though we picked the right protocol for the mistaken 'lobular' cancer, it is the perfect protocol for agressive ductal cancer.

For me, this is yet another sign in the road I may 'not know' but I when I listen to my intuition, I am right on track.

No comments: