Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Night before round 2

I had a very productive day today.

Everyone wants to support me, so I asked a friend Trisha if she would help me with my biggest challenge: the mundane world.

My plans for this fall were to organize my home office... filing, taxes, accounting, throwing out... but all that got pushed aside with my new life classes at Cancer College. Now, I am lucking that I am surrounded by many fabulous healers, but how many can boast that they have a friend who used to be Rupert Murdocks Assistant? That is Trisha, and today she was assisting moi! This has to be one of my favorite cancer gifts. I feel some much more relaxed when the chaos is organized.

For me the cancer/chemo stuff is pretty straight forward. But the time it takes away from the day to day responsibilities drives me crazy.

After 6 hours of organizing, I allow myself to drop into my preparation for Chemo tomorrow. I feel excited. Except for the need of a manicure, I feel ready for the next round of chemo.

I sit in a place of curiosity: What will happen when chemo enters my body this time? Will it be the same as last time? Will it be better? Will I feel sicker? More tired? More energized? Will it be as intense? Hmmm, I wonder what will happen, as I really don't know!! I've got my alkaline foods all ready. I've got the nutrients I need to poop. Salt for the bath. Coconut water to stay hydrated. Office organized... All the 't's are crossed and the 'i's are dotted so I can feel safe surrendering, yet again, into the unknown.

I feel like a mother who is ready to welcome the next contraction, because even though her body might be scared of it, her heart knows it will bring her closed to holding her child in her arms.

No comments: