Thursday, October 16, 2008

Cleaning up the small stuff

Today was a very good day.

I got 8 hours of sleep and had a whole day to myself with no commitments outside of my flat.

So what did I do? I cleaned. I didn't just clean... I SCRUBED!! what a blessing!!

I got out my non-toxic, essential oil cleaner (coz you know, those toxic cleaners can cause cancer!) and started to scrub the bathroom - from floor to tub. I caught up on some long overdue phone calls while I scrubbed, washed, cleaned and scrubbed some more. I said 'goodbye' to all the hair products I had no use for, and stored them away. The hair ties that I routinely grabbed in the morning to keep my hair from getting wet in the shower were delegated to a new home outside of the bathroom. There was much satisfaction to be found in throwing out expired products collected under the sink. Next thing you know, 5 hours later, I was done with the bathroom!

What joy to not have to go to the doctors! What joy to feel well enough to move off the couch! What joy to ignore the mail! What joy to have a day off!! What joy to have time to shoot the shit on the phone!! What joy to have a day to do a mundane task well.

I still got tired from all the activity, so I took a short nap.

After I awoke, I replace the shower filter on my freshly scrubbed tub (coz you know, all those toxins in the water not only dry out your skin, but they can cause cancer! :) And took the time to check into "The Church of Me".

"The Church of Me" was made up by my college room-mate and is my favorite church of all time. My attendance at church was slacking. I usually don't like to put blame elsewhere, but the Chemo had put a real damper on my attendance.

I found the right salts and oils for the bath, an esential oil compresses for my face and an all natural green moisture mask!

I went to put my hair up, and forgot that it was no longer going to get in the way of my mask. Then I figured, "why stop at the face?" The ginning green photo even made me laugh.

I have so enjoyed this simple day.

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

beautiful sista. Your words touch a deep core in me on so many levels. I feel you. I adore you.
thank you for sharing your illuminations, your pain, your light. You are such an inspiration to me. I wish I could be there with you in a greater capacity, as a friend and priestess sista. And then I know that deep inside I am there with you and as a priestess the best way I can serve you is pray for you and hold you in the light...feel your radiance...your brilliant body and soul....embraced in so much love...and Glory. You in your empowered awakening. oh sweet sista, how deep I feel you and how your story touches my story. thank you for your courage to be so vunerable and authentic.
I love you always.
~natalia

Anonymous said...

keep writing, kid! we're following you!

JESSICA CABLE said...

elizabeth, you are amazing and beautiful and so brave! thank you for having the courage to tell your story. i was reflecting on my day with the boys and thinking about the path that led me to you, and you to them.. and i feel so unbelievably blessed for your presence and your work in our lives. love and many blessings, jessica