Monday, October 6, 2008

Rockin' my Hoopdies and my Kangol


Here we are. The day before chemo... again. I have taken the day off, as I started to feel signs of neuropathy. A heaviness in my arms with some muscular tentany. A slight tingling in my hands. It moves throughout my body. It comes and goes.

I taught class all weekend and was backing up AP for a birth. My nervous system is fried. I can really appreciate how much I 'do', when all I am doing is 'holding space'. Even when I am not with a client, I am still tracking a client and it puts a toll on my physical body I had no idea it was this direct and obvious.

Now that I have trippled up on the L-Glutamine and gotten lots of sleep, the signs and symtoms or neuropathy are not present. I'm lovin' how my body speaks to me.

It is 11:30am and I need some breaky. I put on my Kangol and Hoopdies and head out the door with my computer to write and eat.

I go to my new favorite breakfast hangout and realize no body there knows I have cancer. In stead of playing 'cancer girl' I play the role of 'cool writer chick in los feliz'.

I actually feel more like me today without the hair than I have the past 30 something years. I love that the edginess within me is finally on the outside. It is so freeing!! It feels so real. So right!

I think I found my 'look'. Now, if I could only get my hands on some big ass, gold bamboo, ghetto fabulous earings that say "Trust" across them the transformation will be complete!!

No comments: