Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I get ready for my initiation to begin

As I gather myself and get ready to descend in the dark world of the unknown, I know that I am more prepared than most. Becoming a midwife was no easy task, but I know that it is the best perparation one can have to journey into cancer.

I am given advice from a Senior Midwife in our community who has witnessed this road before. She says, "Elizabeth, don't have cancer as a midwife, have cancer as a woman. Give yourself that." And I understood what she meant, it is my turn to give birth, and I need to allow myself to be midwifed by others.

I recived this from Anna Werderisch today, one of my partners in crime, acupuncture, healing and all around soul journeyier.... She understands what my friend like to call, "Bachneresse".

She sent me this quote from the book The Wizard of Earthsea

"...and he began to see the truth, that Ged had neither lost nor won but, naming the shadow of his death with his own name,
had made him self whole: a man:who, knowing his whole tru self cannot be used or possessed by any power other than himself,
whose life therefore is lived for life's sake and never in the service of ruin, or pain or hatred or the dark."

love,

Anna Werderitsch, L.Ac.

No comments: