Saturday, August 30, 2008

Sunday's Humour

I am definately slow. But at least I am pooping and awake during the day!
Even though there is no more nausea, my body feels like it has been side swipped an then run over backwards by a Mac Truck. The body/bone pain is not unbearable, but I definately need some Tylenol and meds to sleep at night. I have been told that this is one of the side effects of the medication to get my bone marrow to produce more white blood cells.

The coconut water is a god send. It is natures version of gatoraide, minus the sugar and is also alkaline (so it helps with the stomache burning that the chemo can sometimes cause). That's a picture of Ana Paula, my business partner and official "Coconut Screwer" :)

Ana's mother lives with her and is a survivor of stage 4 breast cancer from 10 years ago. Tekka has complete faith in God and is a FABULOUS cook!! Greens, lentils, rice, soup, .... she whips up healthy, simple food like only an Italian woman who lived in Brazil can. I have certainly NOT lost my appetite (or appreciation) for really good food :)

Ana and her family are out enjoying the holiday weekend. I have the whole house to myself. I shuffle around like and old man from florida. I raid the fridge and chow down on leftover mac and cheese. (comfort food, yummy). I view myself with curiousity... Who is this person who has been wearing the same pjs for 3 days straight and shuffles around the house? Where did the time go? Since when did my body start to hurt all over? Did I mention, this is an intense journey.

Sometimes when I am feeling good I lie in bed and do a few fake moans for Ana, "Uhhhh, Uhhhhhh, OOoooooh" Kinda like Billy Crystal's character from The Princess Bride. I'm getting good at it. We laugh - a lot!!

No comments: