Monday, August 25, 2008

my last home birth and how I am still on track

Wednesday's Chemo was a good idea.

I still had one client left who was not due to give birth for a weekish. But again, this journey is one of trust, so I just have to trust it will all work out.

I had back up midwives in line for the 'just in case' and when I was getting my tests done, but again, every time I check in I hear the same thing, "Don't worry. you are well supported and this clients pregnancy will not be and issue with your cancer."

Wouldn't you know it, she gave birth at home on Sunday. Before I went into my first round of chemo I was being given yet another image of true courage as I witnessed a strong and vulnerable 4'11" woman give birth to a 7 pound baby in her bedroom.

I am so grateful for the timing of this birth, as it shows me I am guided on this journey.

No comments: