Friday, August 15, 2008

Everything is now cancer

Sitting in the place of having cancer in your breasts and lymphs but not knowing if it is anywhere else in the body is CRAZY making!!

Oh, shit, there is a red spot on my face.... it must be cancer.

What is that insane itching on my leg that will not go away? is the cancer now in my bones?

Um, I think my glands in my throat are swollen. I think the cancer has gone there.

Ugh, my left illiac crest aches... has the cancer advanced to the lymphs in my groin and just second away from exploding all over my body?

This is the thing about breast cancer, when it metastisizes in the body it has a habit of going to other organs, specifically the bones, liver, lungs and brain. What are the chances of it metastisizing in the body? I don't think anyone knows, but when you find it in your lymph glands, that is not a good sign, as the lymphs are the elevator system of the body and send the breast cancer cells to other parts of the body.

I'm sacred shitless that it is somewhere else in my body. I think I can 'feel' it moving in my body now. Overnight I have become a hypocondriac!! Who is this hypocondriac? I have no idea? I am never sick! I take yoga classes! I meditate! I eat organic!!

My business partner is CONVINCED that I do not have cancer because my brain seems to be working over time and my sense of humor is still in tact.

As Dr. F said, "If it is in your breast and lymph only, we are talking cure. If it is elsewhere, then we will talk about your treatment options. Let's just hope that your cancer is Lazy"

One day at a time.

URRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

My sister and I are now talking a couple times a day. "What's the latest?" "This is what I found out on line." "So and so knows so and so. They recommend..." My sister talks to me about getting a second opinion. I feel really confident with Dr. F and an oncologist, Dr. G, made room for me in his schedule for Monday morning. I want to move quickly. Also, it has been an intense 3 days. I want to spend the weekend in Malibu taking a vacation from Cancer, not plotting second opinions.

No comments: